Sunday, May 29, 2005

Saturday night tangents

Strange time to remember a line by James Wood in the movie "The General's Daughter"...

"What crime is worse than rape? Betrayal. "

On another tangent, am humming to the tune of my current favourite song -"Higher"- from my current favourite band - Creed

".........When dreaming I'm guided through another world
Time and time again
At sunrise I fight to stay asleep
'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place
'Cause there's a hangar, a longing to escape
From the life I live when I'm awake........."

Speaking of Creed, am finding it strange that I have grown beyond my time warp of the fifties through to the seventies (Rat Pack to the Zepps).

The last time I really liked a band was "Extreme", and they didn't last long enough to provide sustenance to hungry ears.

"My own Prison"

"...
I hear a thunder in the distance
See a vision of a cross
I feel the pain that was given
On that sad day of loss
A lion roars in the darkness
Only he holds the key
A light to free me from my burden
And grant me life eternally

Should have been dead
On a Sunday morning
Banging my head
No time for mourning
Ain't got no time
..."

Talk about a remix!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home