Saturday, July 02, 2005

What I'm not

You know, having pored over all my posts, I've realized something....I have absolutely no direction! I'm merely describing what I'm seeing. The words are all over the place, and it makes one wonder whether a mistake is being made in liking the writing rather than the written.

Or is the ability to use the written word exaggerated? I mean, can one describe a 9 x 7 by Jimmy Page or a 7 x 3 drum roll by John Bonham, or a canon in D minor by Bach using the written word? Isn't language as a means of reaching understanding faulty and over-used? Is one guilty of mortgaging thought and understanding to the scribble? Don't we speak and write because we aren't telepathic?

Anyways, that digression apart, I guess people with direction have a pretty good clue about who they are and what they are on about. I need to work backwards, by first figuring out what I'm not.

My list on what I'm not thus commences...
1 poet
2 saint
3 athlete
4 rich
5 poor
6 angry
7 depressed
8 happy
9 discontent
10 enlightened
11 ignorant
12 smart
13 dumb
14 well-read
15 illiterate
16 been-there-done-that
17 been-where-done-what
18 crass
19 well-mannered
20 chew with my mouth open
21 chew 32 times before swallowing
22 judgmental
23 keep my own counsel
24 satan
25 ugly as sin
26 Omar Sharief
27 Spiteful
28 Forgiving
29 Forgetful

Guess then that leaves one to oscillate in the vacuum between Truth and Illusion

Then again....one watches the Live8 concert, and a little voice goes off in the back of the head, "Get a life. Get moving! Music will achieve more for your human race than all yer f*****g contemplation and written words"

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, July 04, 2005, Blogger mayank said...

Well writing is an indulgence, it might even be an art form (if you are good) and above all it is alternate means of communication because the kindest feelings can't be said in words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home