Saturday, January 07, 2006

O Investor! My Investor!

O Investor! My Investor! Our investments are done;
Your Fund has invested everywhere; the market says you’ve won;
The bears are near, their chants I hear, but bulls are all exulting,
While follow eyes the sensex graph, my returns are soaring:
But O Short-seller! Short-seller! Short-seller!
While your wallet is bleeding red,
On the stock exchange my Investor lies,
Drunk and fallen on his head.

O Investor! My Investor! Wake up and start to sell;
Wake up - you're short of cash - no more does margin trading thrill;
For you pretty journalists, for you TV channels are crowding;
For you they call, the pretty lass, your stories they are churning;
Here Investor! Dear Investor!
You’ve earned your daily bread;
You’ve made a killing on convertibles,
You’ve sold currencies till they are dead.

My Investor does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My Investor does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The Sensex has started falling down, trading volumes start to slack;
From regulators to lawyers, come investigators on his back;
Exult, O Bears, and ring those bells!
But I, with drooping chin,
Walk the deck my Investor lies,
Our wallets frightfully thin.

This time, I know I'm going to Hell. Move over, Satan! You've got a new neighbour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home