Thursday, March 23, 2006

Meetings

Once upon a meeting dreary, my mind wandered, weak and weary,
Over many a slide and dull business plan of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping on my shoulder.
"'Tis some investor," I muttered, "tapping on my shoulder;
Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember, Life was bleak, akin Dilbert,
And each separate attendee caused me to drift and snore
Eagerly I wished the meeting to end; vainly I had sought to fend
From my mind surcease of cobwebs, my throat emanating a snore..
For the rare and radiant business who make investors folk lore
Apparently absent here forevermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each slide handout
Sedated me---filled me with shots of calmpose never felt before;
So that now, to shake up the still beating of my heart, I stood repeating,
" 'Tis tomorrows Google at my chamber door,
Some genius entreating entrance at my chamber door.
This it is, and nothing more."

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is, I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
That you woke me up, no longer am I bored,
Let me reach for my cheque-book."
I opened wide the door---
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing
Doubting, dreaming of wealth no mortals ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and empty corridors gave no indication,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word,
”Was I sleeping?”, This I whispered, and my colleague murmured back the word,
"Don’t worry. Meeting over." Merely this, and nothing more.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Miakaiboo said...

Reality? That is a good one. Had some boring ones that nearly put me to sleep as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home