Friday, July 08, 2005

Retirement

Friday afternoon, and I dream of things I look forward to when I retire.

While I'm to touch 30 next year, I can't help wonder what retirement will be like. There are so many things to look forward to:
  1. Breakfast on sunshine
  2. Go for my morning swim ... at 10 AM
  3. Shall return to my hobby ... punting / investing in my favourite markets ... stock, real estate and wine
  4. My friends and I will actually start that investment fund we've been meaning to for a year now. Interestingly, after last night's dinner, we're closer than we thought. Any suckers around?
  5. Fill all the empty moments with books, music, scotch whiskey
  6. I shall dream of Beyonce Knowles or Sushmita Sen (or their equivalents in the next generation) ... not of the next day's work
  7. No Powerpoint presentations
  8. Meals shall be varying combinations of rice, beer and goan prawn curry
  9. No mobile phones ... they will be banned. Currently, I have two cell phones, and both shall be flushed down the toilet
  10. Not worrying about annual bonuses, increments etc. Of course, there will be no salary, so I shall live well within my means
  11. In the afternoon, teach under-graduate maths / english for an income, while I take my fill of fine-lookin' pretty young things
  12. No getting yelled at, or fearing politics and dirty games
  13. No human interaction. I like people ... really do ... but from a distance
  14. My best friend and companion will be this monster of an alsatian
  15. Live in this 1 BHK Beach cottage
  16. More sex than am getting currently ... hopefully, not with the alsatian
  17. Evenings, drive in an open jeep .... the bigger and nastier the vehicle the better. I shall run over all the punks on two-wheelers
  18. Take up golf ... have passed up too many invitations to join golf clubs (primarily because I can't afford them now)
  19. I can tell people, "I don't want to talk right now because I don't like you"
  20. Spend more time on a vineyard I expect to buy anytime now (been "anytime now" for a year)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home